For Sale 1978 Hydrodyne Tournament Ski Boat I/0

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Greg Porter, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Greg Porter

Greg Porter Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1978 Hydo Tournament
    This is an original 1978 Hydrodyne Tournament 18' Ski Boat in excellent condition. Has the factory 305 V8 Mercruiser (completely rebuilt w/app 40 hours) with new exhaust and gear bellows. Boat has original gel coat on the hull and the top has been repainted at some point in the original color/scheme. Top paint looks great but does have a few scuffs here and there. Seats are in excellent condition and the motor pulls very hard with no smoke or noises, it starts and idles perfectly. The trim gauge and one of the speedometers quit working and I haven't had time to look into why. We took it out over July 4th and noticed a slight hesitation when giving it throttle, sounds like a dirty jet/accelerator or carb may need cleaned out due to sitting. This boat has not been used much over the past 10 years and has spent it's entire life in the Texas hill country. The matching bat wing trailer is in great shape with brand new bunk carpet, has the original wiring which could be redone due to its age. Overall it's a beautiful boat with current registration, is lake ready and gets a lot of attention wherever it goes. Only reason I’m selling it is we just need a larger boat with more seating, comes with a new cover and shipping is up to the buyer, I will help however I can.

Would love to keep it but don’t have IMG_1433.JPG IMG_1432.JPG IMG_1434.JPG IMG_1439.JPG IMG_1436.JPG IMG_1437.JPG IMG_1438.JPG room for two boats so I'm open to reasonable offers and will send more info/pics upon request. My cell is 832 567 2144, send me a text or call anytime, if I don’t answer leave a msg and I’ll return your call.

2. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    This looks to be a nice rig. Two reasons why I would not buy your boat right now (attached) but would be interested if the stable were not full. The pics you provided show it to be a nice set up and would agree that a new carb kit would take care of the hesitation. Good luck with your sale.

Kevin-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  3. kgtrickey

kgtrickey New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    18 I/O Hydodyne 1975
    Ski Team:
    Club Not Active Now
    Price ?

4. Greg Porter

Greg Porter Hydrodyner