For Sale 1966 20' Flat Top Outboard (Sold)

Discussion in 'Classified Ads' started by Mattk, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1966 Hydrodyne Flat Top, 1955 Crosby
    I have a 1966 Flat Top with a 2006 Mercury 50 hp EFI Four Stroke outboard for sale. Great boat, has newer pontoon style seats with storage, carpet, swivel captains chair, bimini top, 24 gallon built in gas tank & stainless steel spoked wheel.

The boat was restored in 2003 to repair rotten bottom and was painted all white with Pettit EasyPoxy paint. There now is some delamination of the glass roving and class cloth on top of the new material used to replace the rotten balsa. This delamination was due to faulty epoxy that I used in the repair. The transom is somewhat soft and is now supported with aluminum channel that is very strong.

The boat comes with a road worthy trailer with swing tongue, aluminum wheels with spare, and new winch and the motor runs perfect. I do not keep it in the water and is always stored indoors. It function great and seams very solid. The 50 will push it 27 mph by gps with two onboard. It will plane with 8 adults, but not too fast. It is very usable in it's current condition.

I have more information if interested, asking $6,000. 20170917_134851.jpg

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Price change $5,000 or best offer.

3. John Carney

John Carney New Hydrodyner

Can you provide more pics?? How large is the area of delam?
    Thanks!

4. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    The delaminations is between the original plywood vertical stringers approx. 2' x 3'. The original bottom was good under the plywood stringers. I believe that the top skin could be cut out and new glass mat layed in. The epoxy I used had flakes formed in it and the manufacture said that I should put the container in a pan of heated water they would dissolve and be fine, not! They dissolved but the epoxy did not last. I will get some more photos of the boat and get them posted. I am not sure if I will be able to get good photos of the bottom delamination? Thanks.

5. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Here are some additional photos. The brown at the transom is from some leaves that blow in there when wet.

Attached Files:

6. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    It was hard to get a shot of the bottom delamination. If you look under the gas tank you can see the glass mat has some wrinkles. This is typical of the top glass just under the helm back to the tank area.

Attached Files:

7. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Boat still for sale, going to list on Craigslist.

8. 9Manchu

9Manchu New Hydrodyner

What part of Ohio are you in and is the tow rig included?

9. Mattk

Mattk New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    I Live in Northwest Ohio, Defiance. The garden tractor is not included! Thanks.