Up Close Video of the Inside of RAJ's 80's Dyne 20

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by dynegreg1, Aug 17, 2010.

1. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    Click on the Picture to view a detailed video of the RAJ's old Dyne 20 from the 80s. Cool view of their Hook set up and their gauges.

Greg

[​IMG]

2. garrettb

garrettb

Boat Model and Year:
    None
    Ski Team:
    Waterhawks
    It seems like Yamaha's were much more popular back then...

3. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    You are correct. Back in the late 80 into the early 90s Yamaha was a huge sponsor with a lot of show teams. Not at all like today. Today as you know many teams have to purchase their motors. Back then Yamaha was virtually giving all the show teams what they wanted for nothing. I remember meeting up with them at Think Tank. They would virtually ask "Ok, what do you need from us this year?" They worked well with the teams too. I remember at state they had a couple of techs to check over the boats before everyone's show. Then I think they ran into a problem trying to sell these used engines from all the teams. And to be honest the teams were not trying too hard to sell these at the end of the season.

4. garrettb

garrettb

Boat Model and Year:
    None
    Ski Team:
    Waterhawks
    That sounds about right. Our ski team used to have Yamahas as well, but they didn't enjoy them too much. They didn't have much torque and couldn't pull many pyramids off the dock.