1996 Grands Sport Elite - Fuel Pump High and Low Pressure?

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by pumpen, May 31, 2012.

1. pumpen

pumpen

Boat Model and Year:
    1996 Grand Sport Elite
    Does anyone know where I can find the high pressure fuel pump for this PCM Pro Boss GT 40 motor? I need to replace it and none of the part numbers I have are showing up anywhere on the internet?

Also can anyone help out a novice on what is required to clean the fuel injection system on this boat?

Thank you.

2. hydrodyne1994GS

hydrodyne1994GS

Boat Model and Year:
    grand sport 1994
    Re: 1996 Grands Sport Elite - Fuel Pump High and Low Pressur

I use chevron tecron available at auto parts store and even walmart just pour in fuel tank and run normally.
    about $12 a bottle works great on all fuel injection systems!

3. ski38off

ski38off Photo of the Month

Boat Model and Year:
    1976 18', 200 hp, and 1977 18' 150 hp twin rig
    Ski Team:
    Lake Shelby Skiers

Most have the fuel control cell (FCC) hanging off the front of the engine. It is a round canister about 4" in diameter and 12" long. There are a couple fuel lines and wires attached to the top. The high pressure pump and filter are inside. The bowl screws into the top housing. Use either a huge pipe wrench (will leave marks) or a really good oil filter wrench to unscrew the canister. They can be a bear to remove. The canister will be full of gas so use rags. The low pressure pump is the stock V-8 pump driven by the camshaft. Follow the fuel lines coming off the top of the FCC. One goes to the injector rails and the other goes to the low pressure pump. First picture shows the top of FCC, second shows the FCC in the lower right corner.

Attached Files:

4. DanielC

DanielC Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1987 Hydrodyne
    Ski Team:
    PDX Water Spectacula

I am pretty sure all GT-40 marine engines use electric low pressure and high pressure fuel pumps.
    Fuel pumps available here:
    http://www.skidim.com/products.asp?dept=1057

Here is more information on checking the fuel pressure.
    http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showt ... l+Pressure

You hook up the fuel pressure gauge to the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. Then you make the electrical connection on the test port of the engine. if the key is on, making this connection commands the computer to turn on the fuel pumps. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE NO FUEL LEAKS BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO START THE ENGINE!

Fuel pressure on a GT-40 engine is 39, plus or minus 3, at WOT, or if the engine is not running, and you have jumped the test port to ground. It is normal for the fuel pressure to drop at engine idle.

You may as well order a FCC fuel filter, even if your fuel pumps check out good.