Problems starting

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by vitaliy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. vitaliy

vitaliy

Boat Model and Year:
    1996 Hydrodyne Grand Sport Elite
    Hello, I have a 1996 Hydrodyne Grand Sport Elite and its been running w/o issues for some time. There are a few issues that I just started having recently. After a few hours of wakeboarding, the boat just dies. The starter cranks w/o any success. I called out a mechanic and he replaced the fuel filter (history on this later). Took it out the next weekend and exactly the same thing happened. After a couple of hours - dead. The next day, tried starting it in the garage and it starts up just fine. Took it out to the lake for a few hours everything was good but the day after that - dies after an hour or so of wakeboarding.

Here's the history on the boat:
    I let it sit for 3 years in my garage w/o touching it and it had gas in the tank (don't ask).
    Got the boat serviced, flushed and a few parts replaced by the tech to get it going because of that.
    The most recent thing I had replaced was the fuel filter (as mentioned above) and the lines flushed again.

Before the most recent starting issues, the boat has been running pretty smoothly for about 4 separate wakeboarding sessions all lasting about 3-4 hours each this part month or so.

Someone mentioned it may be the low pressure pump overheating, but I'm not sure.

Any advice for diagnosing the issue?
    Thanks!

2. DanielC

DanielC Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1987 Hydrodyne
    Ski Team:
    PDX Water Spectacula
  3. vitaliy

vitaliy

Boat Model and Year:
    1996 Hydrodyne Grand Sport Elite
    It looks like it was the upper fuel pump (high side). Thanks for the suggestions.