1962? hydrodyne in/out needing parts

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by David Perkins, Mar 29, 2014.

1. David Perkins

David Perkins New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 hydrodyne
    hello from memphis... being a new member I really need help finding a few parts in order to make this old boat hit the water again. I got the boat started and noticed fuel was spraying from fuel pump weep hole. I took it apart and it needs a new diphram. Can not find parts anywhere. No part numbers. I need a oil filter and the bellows. The motor is a 4cyclinder volvo-penta BB70. I think the outdrive is a AG80. Thank you for any help. call me, lets chat 901-413-0673

2. oldskier

oldskier Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    197? Hydrodyne 18 I-O
    Well hello from the far end of the state near Bristol. I have no info for your part other than another place or two to look. There is a website called Fiberglassics that is more geared towards older boats. Also Iboats is a good source. You would be surprised how much stuff is available at Napa auto parts in theif Sierra Marine parts line. Hope this helps.

Bernie

3. David Perkins

David Perkins New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 hydrodyne
    thank you Bernie for the info..I played with the web last night and came up wih the part number on the ac fuel pump. B16a from a volvo car. oil filter from NAPA,#1304. and the bellows fromBasicPower #GLM89030. True no parts in hand, but good leads..

4. oldskier

oldskier Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    197? Hydrodyne 18 I-O
    David, one note of caution, the difference in the marine and automotive fuel pump is that the marine pump is built so that if something breaks it doesn't leak fuel. Leaking fuel in a car is a matter of it dripping on the ground. In a boat.....

That said, I have an automotive pump in mine....the options were few, I have a good fire extinguisher and I can swim....

5. wentworthto1

wentworthto1 Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1961 Hydrodyne I/O BB70
    Hi David. I had my engine rebuilt and I restored my 1961 I/O 17 ft. You can find the story under "warm story for cold day". The fuel pump is the zenith 34 vn downdraft. The oil cooler can be repaired with welding. You can get the filter at napa. Give me a call if you want 724 992-3218.

6. wentworthto1

wentworthto1 Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1961 Hydrodyne I/O BB70
    Also, the oil filter is different from the auto one. You can find all parts at French creek marina in ny. Very pricey, but good service. They bought all the nos years ago. I have found a lot of parts at swedishtreasures.com and another online sight that escapes me right now.