1964 Hydrodyne Value Question

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by Davemh, May 29, 2017.

1. Davemh

Davemh New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1964 17' Hydrodyne
    Looking for opinions and/or suggestions.

I have a 17 foot 1964 Hydrodyne that I plan on putting up for sale the first of August.

The grandkids are coming to visit in July and I’m told no way you’re selling the boat until after our visit! LOL

The boat was purchased new by my dad from Van’s Marina in Alexandra Bay, NY.

I have been the caretaker of this Hydrodyne for the past 10+ years.

It gets used for a few months during the summer only and is garage kept during the winter.

It is in very good condition considering it is now 53 years old! Sure, she has some bruises but has never been painted and really looks good. It has been used in fresh water only.

The original 110 HP Volvo engine runs great and has never been dismantled. The carbs (2) were rebuilt a couple of years ago and the hydraulic lift for the outdrive was rebuilt this spring.

The front seat got a complete re-upholstery last fall.

Of course the tandem axle Sterling Trailer would be included in the purchase.
    All four tires are new!

Buyer would have to pick up in northern NY 13687.

My request for opinions is what would be a reasonable asking price for this classic boat?

I’d really like a buyer that knows and understands the need for TLC of this boat.

I have a group of photos showing this classic boat on Google Photos if you care to view.

https://goo.gl/photos/sqv7LKasELtXiYWc9

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Scott Miller

Scott Miller Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1977 Hydrodyne 20' Flattop
    This is really a willing buyer willing seller situation. There is also a facebook page for classic fiberglass boats, might see what interest you could drum up there. Good luck!