CA- Lake San Antonio Gathering - Boats Attending!

Discussion in 'General Events' started by Denise, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Elgin (non-dyne, duh)
    Some family stuff came up so I wasn't able to get this up sooner. Here is what we have so far on boats attending and still waiting to hear back from a few others.

1959 Lake n Sea 15'
    1960 Crestliner
    1959 Glasspar Club Mariner 19'
    1965 Glasspar Avalon 16'
    1978 Glastron SSV189
    1960 Owens 15’
    1964 Glasspar Avalon 16'
    1962 16' LeeCraft Runabout
    1966 Glasspar Avalon
    1958 Glasspar Avalon 16ft Robert?
    1963 Elgin
    Shannon
    1967 Blue Water 15’
    1986 Miller Jet Boat
    1975 Dan Area Custom 21’ XL
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Sedan
    1961 Glasspar G-3
    2005 Four Winn’s

1960 AeroCraft ???
    1960 Glasspar G-3 ???

2005 Four Winn’s

Many Thanks to JILL for stepping up and taking care of the Lake San Antonio Gathering of 2007 and making it happen!

2. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Elgin (non-dyne, duh)
    “Lake San Antonio Gathering”
    South Shore – Lake San Antonio
    July 6th – 8th 2007
    PRINT THIS OUT

Here are the last details:

Reminder: Lake San Antonio does not accept Discover or American Express cards. Only Visa or Master Charge.

Campsites: Those of you who have reserved your campsites, upon arriving at the gate tell them you are with Denise Goodwin - Fibreglassics and your name will be on the list. If you arrive after the gate is closed, you will return in the morning to get your registration card for your site.

I have 24 campsites reserved. Reserved is the Harris Creek A-Loop. All sites have hook-ups. Most Campsites have shade; there are a few that don’t. Sites are not assigned to attendees. It is first come first choice.

If you are planning on staying past Monday, please pick a site in the upper level which is just as you enter the group area, sites 1 through 11 or 24, 25 and 26. The lower level, just below the bathrooms, is reserved for another group come Monday afternoon and you will have to move.

Extra attendees, in their own vehicles, will pay at the gate regular camping fees of $27 per night. They may select sites in the surrounding area or share sites in our group areas. Sites #1 and #2 are not reserved and are open.

Anyone is welcome to attend or those who decide at the last minute, we welcome you!

Beach Area: I will try to stake out a beach area for our use when I arrive on Friday. There are no trees, hence no shade. Bring day shades!!! It gets hot! For those who don’t have boats, Jill S. has graciously rented a pontoon boat so everyone can be out on the water! What a GAL! Of course there are the free boat rides in Glassics too!

PotLuck: WE would like to welcome all who would like to participate in a potluck on Saturday night. Let’s come together and bring something to share and taste delectable delights that others bring.

Raffle: Please bring something to donate for the raffle on Saturday night. Items needed for both the kids and the Adults. Donated items need not be boat related, but would be nice.

Music: Hey if you play guitar or some other instrument……please bring it along for the campfire for our own version of “Unpluged” !!! No I don’t play and again I promise I won’t sing! LOL!

Swap Meet: Feel free to bring items to swap or sell. We will not be setting up tables for this, nothing formal.

Note: Please Be Careful! After you leave the city of Paso Robles these are curvy, narrow mountain roads, especially after you start heading for Naciemento Lake coming from the south. For those who are coming from the North it starts on Interlake Road. Drive Safely!

Driving Directions: Coming from the South US 101

Note: Cuesta Grade right outside of San Luis Obispo is a long, slow, steep climb and people are crazy. Please be careful! Much better since it is three lanes now.

Paso Robles Exit - Hwy 46/G-14 off ramp (24th Street/Nacimiento Dr.) - 28 miles to lake

Prior to the ramp you will see “Next Exit Nacimiento Lake” Sign.

Stay in the left turn lane on the ramp.

Turn Left off ramp at the signal light. Stay in the left lane, it will narrow to one lane quickly under the overpass.

You will cross Spring Street. It is the second street light intersection after you cross under the overpass.

Keep to the right when you reach the Y at the cemetery. Your on your way!

When you see the sign for the Lakes, you will be making a right.

When you get to Naceimiento Lake make a right and cross the Dam.

At the top of the hill, you will see a sign “Lake San Antonio” South Shore.

Turn Left on Interlake Road. (Next Page see Interlake Road)

Directions: Coming from the North - US 101

Take the Jolon Road (G-18) exit just north of Bradley, before the Paso Robles exits.

- Be careful, Do Not take the first Jolon Road (G-14) King City exit, it is the second Jolon Road G-18 exit at Bradley you want.

Take a right off the ramp.

Turn left on to G-19 Lake San Antonio – South Shore

G-19 is just as you get off the freeway, keep your eyes peeled! Stay on G-19.

If you miss the turn you will be headed to North Shore adding 24 miles to your trip. It does circle around the lake and will bring you to South Shore, watch the signs.

At the top of a hill you will see a sign “San Antonio Lake – South Shore”

Turn Right on Interlake Road (12 miles after you leave US 101)

Interlake Road: Watch for the “Oak Shores” sign (about 10 miles in??) on Interlake Road…..this is your marker that the turn off is just ahead for Lake San Antonio – South Shore. If you miss it you will end up going around the lake, and extra 24 miles and end up on North Shore and have to drive back again 24 miles!

Right turn to Lake San Antonio YOU ONLY HAVE 4 MILES TO GO!

Once at the gate you will just follow the road to the Harris Creek Campgrounds (a couple of miles). Just before you get to the Harris Creek Launch Ramp on your right will be Harris Creek A-Loop. Our group area overlooks the launch ramp.

If anyone is using I-5:

If you are on I-5 South (Northern CA), take Hwy41 off of the 5 and then Hwy 46 towards Paso Robles.

If you are on I-5 North (Southern CA), take Hwy 46 towards Paso Robles.

When you get to the Hwy101 junction, proceed under the overpass and follow

You will cross Spring Street. It is the second street light intersection after you cross under the overpass.

Keep to the right when you reach the Y at the cemetery. Your on your way!

When you see the sign for the Lakes, you will be making a right.

When you get to Naceimiento Lake make a right and cross the Dam.

At the top of the hill, you will see a sign “Lake San Antonio” South Shore.

Turn Left on Interlake Road. (see previous page - Interlake Road)

YOUR THERE! WELCOME!

Looks like there will be 3 more Glasspar G-3's attending! Whahoo!