Golden State Glassics Lake Berryessa Event

Discussion in 'General Events' started by jbarraclough, Apr 18, 2007.

1. jbarraclough

jbarraclough

Boat Model and Year:
    1967 Hydrodyne Competition Ski Classic
    Are any Californians (or any Hydrodyne owners for that matter) going to this event in June in Lake Berryessa? My Dyne won't be ready, but I'm only an hour away from Berryessa, so it would be a good "pump me up" trip.

JB

2. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Elgin (non-dyne, duh)
    Would love to have you join us! This looks like it is going to be the big gathering of the year for us here in California and everyone has been scrambling for some water time this summer!

We ran into several glitches on our gatherings this year, but others have answered the "call of the water" and organized! Yahoo!

Check out my post above for the UPDATED Calendar with more details and the contacts.

Boat or no boat, hope to see you there!

Denise

3. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Elgin (non-dyne, duh)
    Well, the Lake Berryessa Gathering was a BLAST! I will tell you I have always appreciated what all have gone through to make it to my Lake San Antonio Gatherings over the years, but with me making the long distance drives to Whiskeytown and now Berryessa, my appreciation has expanded greatly and my thanks to you all over the years!

The trip to Berryessa was an adventure in it self….ok, confession time! LOL! I got stuck in SF traffic twice that was at a stand still, missed the CA 37 exit and then just blew past the turn into the Resort going about 10 miles out of my way……that adds up to 20 miles and added about an hour or so to my trip. I stopped to ask directions from a guy alone the side of the road packing up his fishing gear right before dark and he had a GPS that put me on the right track. Alas, I blew past the turn again as it was dark now and didn’t see the sign. Next stop was at a local bar, oh how I just wanted to sit down and have a beer but the boys were sitting in the truck waiting on me and thought “that wouldn’t be nice!” LOL! So I asked this older lady in there for directions, she was quite buzzed but I figured I sure wasn’t doing any better on my own….hehe. Wonderful lady gave me directions right to the gate I needed! I arrived at 10:30 pm and I had planned no later that a 7pm arrival……..best laid plans and so it goes.

At my arrival, my energy renewed and excitement built as everyone gathered to say hi and get my first face to face with My Elgin buddy HOGGAR and his family!

It was great meeting the newbies, getting to know others better and talking with old friends. In the life of “Classic Glass” owners, it doesn’t get much better than that! Well, if all our boats ran flawlessly, that would be better, but isn’t that part of the adventure?? LOL!

I ran out of gas, Don T.’s motor started smoking, Hoggar’s Elgin had some problems develop, one guy sat in camp quietly as he forgot his key to his boat at home……jeez, I almost did that as I had the key to the Red Elgin in my boat bag instead of the blue Elgin key and thank goodness I noticed before leaving the house!

The lunch and dinner Peggy and Bob put together was WONDERFUL! The raffle GREAT! They seemed to have an endless bounty of energy!

As I mentioned before, Paul and Glenn were happy campers catching their first keepers from shore……small mouth bass. Paul of course cut his finger while cleaning his and Mom had to put on her nurse hat…..oh, the many hats a Mom wears! LOL! Sunday night around the campfire was great with boat talk, movies, books, bad drivers, first cars and crazy people.

Only one scarry moment heading out from the lake on Monday, the truck brakes over heated and I barely had any.....just enough to get it to stop along the side of the road after quite some distance. Every thing was fine after I let them cool off and the rest of the trip was uneventful, well if you don't count where the bad drivers wouldn't let me over and I missed the 101 freeway change!

Thank you ever so much Bob and Peggy for all your work to make the Lake Berryessa Gathering a FANTASTIC WEEKEND!

I have the links saved to other reviews and photos taken, alas the Fiberglassics board went down and old messages (with photos) have not been restored as yet. I will post the links as soon as they are available again.