Hydrodyne Flat tops

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by swarlen, Jul 21, 2009.

1. swarlen

swarlen New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1970 Hydrodyne Deck Boat 24'
    I am a new member of "Hydrodyners". I bought a Hydrodyne "Flat top" 1970, a couple of years ago; it has been painted, carpeted, and have had some engine and lower unit work done.
    The boat has bow fishing/observation chairs and a tin top. The boat reminds me of the "African Queen" and being a member of the "Missouri River Boating Association" , I named the boat the "River Queen". Probably cruise on the Missouri River near Parkville, Missouri to Atchison, Kansas. In the Fall and Spring, I might cruise on "The Lake of the Ozarks" near the Gravois Arm, 7 Mile marker.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Re: Hydrodyne Flattops

Thats a Slick looking flat top, I like the seats on the front.

Daniel

3. swarlen

swarlen New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1970 Hydrodyne Deck Boat 24'

Since joining, I have just begun to gain information about Hydrodynes, especially about the flat-tops. Does anyone have more information and/or history on Hydrodyne "Flat-tops"?

4. GaDyne

GaDyne Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1979 I/O and 1985 I/O

I had an article about them being used in Vietnam but i can't put my hands on it right now. Maybe someone knows the story.

5. JerryAdams219

JerryAdams219

Boat Model and Year:
    hydradyne deck boat 1974

I just saved a rather strange looking boat from a sawzall! The only name on it was Hydrodyne. I saved it becasue I thought it was different. It has a complete Big BLock Ford Engine i.e. 390 427with a complete white in color outdrive and propellar. Four hundred dollars later, I am the new owner with no idea what this new teasure is all about? Any input on where to start learning or info on the engine and outdrive is greatly appreciate.
    I read the note about it being used in Vietnam in-country. I was in Vietnam on boats (Navy) I never saw one when I was on the river but I can now see where it would have worked (any more info on this topic anyone has is simply interesting).
    Thanks,
    Jerry
    PS - There is no stupid comment to this and it looks just like the 70's boat on the home page - but missing a few parts.

6. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA

Probably the Hydrodyne Blitzboat. I saw one on line for asle and didn't recognize it, even though I have the factory add. Thanks PJP for recalibrating the hydrodyne eye.

Here is the link to the flat sheet on this site.

http://www.hydrodyners.com/images/1970Blitzboat.jpg

Enjoy and preserve,

Kevin-

7. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Ski Team:
    NA

I also have an old Flat top article in PDF format and I'll see if I can find it and provide it to Daniel for posting on this site.

Kevin-

8. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Ski Team:
    NA

Thhe article I'm refering to is posted on the fiberglassics.com website in their library. Under "fiberglass boats", select hydrodyne and scroll down. here is the link as well.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Hydrodyne

Kevin-

9. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs

Yes I believe I have the article. I have been slow to add new items as of late due to increased work load (Due to traveling for work) I will see if I can get up the Flattop stuff by this weekend.

I have racked up almost 7,000 miles in less then a month with week long stays in between.

Daniel

10. JerryAdams219

JerryAdams219

Boat Model and Year:
    hydradyne deck boat 1974

kevin 2 mercs fellow flattoppers hail one and all the big block ford is right out of some of the old corn trucks Idrove as a kid thats not a big problem' its that white colored outdrive thats bolted to the back side of the boat thats bothering me. From the 888 ford merc and 3merc alpha outdrives on otherboats with gm powerplants that I rebuilt merc outdrives are safe. Lake Powell in Utah is calling. There are very few parts there; based on the top side color of the boat I think its a60`s or 70`s unit that would go along with the police interceptor engine in it . Would the raw water pump be in the out drive? I could not see the front of the engine. What outdrives cant we get parts for? Any one out there have pictures of any outdrives? Should I start looking for a winters coming and itstime to park the car in side merc outdrive parts boat? Kevin would it be ok if it was merc/gm repowered? thanks I need input jerry219