My 72 Hyrodyne.

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by 72io, Jun 16, 2007.

1. 72io

72io New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1972 Hydrodyne, 302 i/o
    Here is my '72 Hydrodyne. I bought this at an auction 3 0r 4 years ago. I told my Dad I found a really neat looking ski boat going up for auction at a Salvation Army vehicle sale in Buffalo, IA. But, I couldn't remember the name of it. Since he was one of the original "Aqua the Clowns" at the Bartlett Show in the 60's, the first one he named off was Hydrodyne. He about fell off his chair! I got it for $400.00. I would have got it cheaper but the other bidder was only interested in the trailer. Anyway, the 302 had seven cracks in the block and heads. I just put a new 302 in it last summer and it runs great. I did post a question last week about "outdrive issues" and I am working on that now. This boat did have a fin at one time, but was removed and sealed before I bought it. If the decal on the side looks familiar its because one of the members here, who did that incredible resto on his Dyne, "Mark Bano", got them from my boat. After buffing the sides of my boat, when the light would hit it just right, you could see where the old decal was," I assume it was original". A good friend of mine who does vinyl took measurements and did a custom repro. Its not perfect, but its close. He said he was going to put it on Ebay later in case there might be other people interested. Its not cherry, but my wife and I use it so much I hate to put it out of comission for any length of time to fully restore. I even own a beautiful 1968 31' Chris craft Commander with all the creature comforts, and my wife wants to take the Hydrodyne out more??!! WE DON'T EVEN SKI!

Attached Files: