Rebuilt the interior of my Tom Miller Classic 18

Discussion in 'Tom Miller Boats' started by Andy Stowers, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Andy Stowers

Andy Stowers New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    18' foot classic outboard 1997
    Ski Team:
    Manitowish Waters
    Hi all,

I have a 1997 18' classic dyne that Tom built. I think it was one of the first he built after he setup shop as Fiberglass Products. The serial number doesn't match the numbering used on his later boats. I picked it up in St. Joe, IN in the spring of 1997 and he had the passion for these boats!

After 15 years, the floor rotted out and the stringers were going so, I bit the bullet and had it stripped down to the hull and rebuilt. I hired Advantage Restorations out of St. Germain, WI to do the work. He took the floor out, took the stringers out and then rebuilt the structure using Space Age Synthetics 3/4" board. The only wood left in the boat is in the transom, the gunnels, and the ski pole mount.

We used 18" x 18" x 1/4" aluminum plates under the floor and then through bolted the bucket seats to them to prevent deflection. This boat is stiffer and lighter than ever. With a 1997 Yamaha 200 and a 22" hi-five prop (reworked and polished by BBlades out of Green Lake, WI) it tops out around 60MPH and gets there in a hurry.

Only 450 hours and the boat is better than new! I'd highly recommend Advantage Restorations to anyone looking to have work done on a dyne. They are meticulous and get the culture of dyne owners.

Added some photos - they are pretty hi resolution. click on them a couple of times to zoom in.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    Nice boat Andy. Post some more pictures. I am interested to see the inside and such.