rotten wood in the transom area and floor core almost fulley removed

Discussion in 'Restoration Projects & Questions' started by Pat Colvin, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Pat Colvin

Pat Colvin Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    it is a Hydrodyne but not sure what year just boug
    today i worked a little more on the Dyne, the transom almost clean of all wood as well as a section of the bulsa wood floor core. to make things easy i cut out the motor well tub which gives me total access to the stern area which allows me to do the restoration from the inside of the transom area,has worked great for me, being disabled i need things as easily accessible as possible as my plan is to do all my own work, i have done fiberglass work on a few boats before.

Attached Files:

2. oldskier

oldskier Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    197? Hydrodyne 18 I-O
    Nice job so far. I love the color combo, as you may see in my sig pic, when I rebuilt my 18 I-O I went with blue flake over white. I was fortunate that the balsa core in mine was dry. Do you have much wet core, or is it only wet near the transom? I completely recored a much smaller boat once (Hydrostream Viper) and it was a miserable job.

3. Pat Colvin

Pat Colvin Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    it is a Hydrodyne but not sure what year just boug
    ty i did get down to the bulsa wood core and only about a foot of the core area at the transom was wet so i will replace that area