Pros and Cons of Dyna-Ski and The Dyne

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by h2oskibrad, Feb 14, 2010.

1. h2oskibrad

h2oskibrad

Just wondering what clubs who have purchased these boats in the past few year's experience is with the 2 companies mentioned, Dyna-Ski and The Dyne. From purchase, Customer Service, Warranty, quality of boat, etc. I've heard good things about both, and a few bad things about both. Just wanted some other clubs to express there relationship and experience with each. Thanks

2. Corn Nut

Corn Nut

Boat Model and Year:
    2009 17.6 Open Bow with Evinrude Etec 130
    I'm not a club, but I purchased my 17.6 open bow Dyna Ski last spring and couldn't be happier. We do have a group that gets together to ski twice weekly during the season, and I pulled 21 different skiers and a couple more tubers so I figure I'm close to club status.

The fit and finish both inside and out is better than any comparable mass produced boat available. Within our group we have 2 other Dyna Ski's and 2 Hydrodynes, and as far as quality there isn't a lot of difference. Mine is the newest and has more bells and whistles, so in that respect I prefer mine over any of the others. When I got my boat there was a glitch in the GPS speedometer and Pete worked with me until it was completely resolved, so I have no complaint with his service. Other than that there have been no problems whatsoever.

My thought is, if you can afford it buy a new Dyna Ski, but you won't be disappointed with the Hydrodyne either.