1959 16ft Crosby Capri Custom

Discussion in 'Crosby Boats' started by MadProps, Dec 13, 2009.

1. MadProps

MadProps

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri Custom
    I just purchased this 1959 16ft Crosby Capri Custom & 1958 Holsclaw trailer,

I have a few period correct motor choices already twin white 1959 mk55's a white 62 Merc850 tower of power or a 69 Merc1000

there was also a Sweet running Mark30H I just had to have just down the road a few miles

Im going to mount the Merc 1000 on her go for a run up the river and then start the restoration

Its missing the "Crosby" side emblems, the Capri dashboard emblem, windshield & glovebox cover (most likely Ill just glass my own) , if anyone knows of the items please point me at them

Attached Files:

2. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    That will be a slick looking boat when finished. Make sure you keep posting pictures as you go.

Daniel

3. MadProps

MadProps

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri Custom
    As you can see I have done some work last year on my 59 Crosby Capri Custom Delux...I just love this 58 Corvette dashboard...anycase Im doing more glass work now, there is a hook in the hull...well a couple hooks :cry: and I am setting up hardware to run twin 1959 white Mercury Mark 55A's 40hp ....

I also have a pair of 6 cyl white stacks....Merc700DR's....maybe next year :yahoo:

Anyone know of more of this year and model, I can only find 2 others
    will post more pics in a few weeks

Michael

Attached Files:

4. stapletm

stapletm Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1970, 18' Outboard, 1974 18" Outboard
    Wow. Looks great without the windshield.

5. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    Twin Rigged Canoe
    Ski Team:
    East Palmdale Ski Rats
    That's a really good looking boat!!

Looks brand new!

6. MadProps

MadProps

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri Custom
    1959 Crosby Capri Custom Delux & Twin 1959 Mercury Mark 55A's
    Progressive restoration
    This years After pics of my Crosby Capri I have had for a year and a half....no fins but the dash is a copy of the 57-58 Corvette

Im the third owner, this boat was purchased new by the City of New York as a harbor Patrol boat, the harbor patrol officer running the boat when retiring asked if he could buy the boat and it was given to him, he towed her across country to Washington state where he and family used it for many years skiing on their lake...as it deteriorated it was left to sit for the last 21 years on a 1959 Holsclaw trailer with rollers that caused serious hooks in the hull bottom...

Launch day this weekend had a few shake down bugs...crowd watching the launch and battery was about dead from listening to the MP3 player while working on the boat!!!.just enough power to start one motor....jeesh....steering linkage for the twins...turned farther to left than the right...fixing the steering & after tuning the motors and breaking in the rings,
    bearings etc I opened her up to 3/4 throttle and almost doubled my speed from running a single motor with a hull hook so I am THRILLED and cant wait to finish the break in tank of fuel and go to WOT...will post video of her running the twins possibly next week

Twin Mark 55A's Restored and rebuilt...new rings, seals, gaskets,impellers, decals, shift & throttle cables etc. etc. Although I have pair of pristine 2 lever quick silver controls I opted to install the single lever Remote Controls, because this boat will be used for tubing, skiing & para-sailing, so Im worried someone dragging me may get confused and panic in a situation with 4 levers & dual controls while Im 200+ ft in the air
    Boat and motors painted Mercury Cloud White
    New quicksilver rack & pinion steering & cable
    Airguide Speedo
    New wiring with buss bars, fuse blocks etc, low level interior mood lighting for Booze Cruises
    Vintage spotlight & Vintage Sparton horn both overhauled and now working again
    Garmin depth finder
    Onboard GPS with MP3 player
    Bilge pump with manual & Autofloat switch
    Replaced all chrome with NOS or very good condition used chrome pieces, only a couple pieces Left to find and replace
    Rear view mirror off 1958 Corvette
    Rare Chromed Crosby emblems
    Sound system not yet installed I couldnt wait

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Stroker

Stroker

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri
    Here are some pics of my 1959 Crosby Capri. Yours looks awesome by the way. Nice work.

Attached Files:

8. MadProps

MadProps

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri Custom
    Finished the 1958 Holsclaw Trailer for the 1959 Crosby

Im done :yahoo: time to start my mini drag boat

Attached Files:

9. David49

David49 New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1959 Crosby Capri
    I have the same boat it has been in our family since 1964. Always kept inside a building so new paint was all that was required I'll try to submit a few pics, I'm new at this blog stuff.

David