1996 Grand Sport Inboard engine cover

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by mike holler, Feb 1, 2015.

?

engine cover upholstery for a 1996 Grand Sport

1. yes You Can help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No I cant help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mike holler

mike holler New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Grand Sport 1996 and 1970 outboard
    Ski Team:
    n/a
    Hello Hydrodyners,

I am a new member and have Hydrodynes in our family since 1970, when we bought our first Dyne. A few years ago when the family was growing up and friends wanted to be apart of the water ski adventures we bought our second Dyne, a 1996 Grand Sport. The engine cover has split upholstery and I am looking to replace it. I know an upholstery shop can probably duplicate the cover but I wanted to reach out to fellow Hydrodyners to see if some one out there duplicates the covers. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. mike holler

mike holler New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Grand Sport 1996 and 1970 outboard
    Ski Team:
    n/a
    Looking for a person or company who supplies Engine covers for a Hydrodyne grand Sport. The colors are white body with the stripe over the top of the engine cover being black and dark green.
    Thanks

3. Tom_H

Tom_H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1994 Grand Sport
    Ski Team:
    Ski Otters
    Mike, it's such a rare boat that you're not going to find anyone making ready to install skins for your engine cover. Your best bet is to find a good local upholstery shop and bring them your boat, or the vinyl skin for them to reproduce. With my boat in storage right now, I can't tell you for sure, but I believe the skin can be removed pretty easily (remove the padded seat first - 3 bolts on the inside) and then the skin can un-velcro from the inside where it wraps over the lower.

4. Tom_H

Tom_H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1994 Grand Sport
    Ski Team:
    Ski Otters
    Mike - I responded in your other thread before seeing this one, but would venture you'll need to have an upholstery shop reproduce it for you. As I recall the ski comes off pretty easily.