21' Rapid Craft Tail Walk

Discussion in 'The Beach' started by M M, Mar 31, 2008.

1. M M

M M Hydrodyner

This is a few pics of me Tail Walking downriver at WI State in 2004

Attached Files:

2. Ron V

Ron V New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1995 Rapid Craft Hurricane
    Awesome...only trouble with doing that in a Rapid Craft is you never can be sure of what Kirk used for a transom or how it was put together.

Is that the 21' model? It looks bigger than the 20' Typhoon. I have seen one other 21 footer but don't know if it had an actual model name. I've had a 18'9" Hurricane for 10 years and love it. 73 mph GPS with a stock 150.

3. M M

M M Hydrodyner

I'm positive it was 21'. I don't know the model name, it was one of only a few V-Hauls that size built for twins with unlimied HP rating. My mom and dad have a 18' sister boat to this one, I'll post pics of tail walking that one. It has a stock 150HP Optimax, and a standard transom. The twin had a 6-8" offset with a very aggressive wedge.

Attached Files:

4. Ron V

Ron V New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    I would like to see pics of the 18 footer, probably the same model as mine. I use mine for going fast, cruising, and skiing, and have the motor on a Hydrodynamics Rapid Jack with 6" setback and a 4 degree negative tuck. I only have a 25" Trophy Plus and a 27" SRX for it. I want to get a 19" High Five for it to see just how hard it comes out of the hole.

The swim platforms in the picture are no longer on it. I took them off when the transom was rebuilt and never put them back on. I also took the built-in side gas tanks out several years ago and just run a 13 gallon plastic Tempo pontoon boat tank in the rear compartment. I just got done going over the boat with 3M Imperial compound and it looks better than when I bought it in '98 (it's a '95 model).

Attached Files:

5. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Hey guys,

I have made a new forum in the "Pics of your Glass" section for all other outboard ski boats. Now you guys can have a place to post Pictures of your cool boats.

Daniel

viewforum.php?f=39

6. Ron V

Ron V New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Daniel,

Thanks...hope you didn't feel like you had to do that, this is after all a Hydrodyne web site. But like I previously mentioned...a triple rig for my personal use is on my wish list so I like lurking here and seeing everyone else's rigs.

Ron