NEW Hydrodyner!! From NW Mississippi

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by Rockosocko, Feb 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rockosocko

Rockosocko Hydrodyner

Good evening guys n gals.
    Been messing with cars, trucks and machinery for decades and have a good friend that I did some horse trading with and got a Hydrodyne but can't find ANY ID tags or info on it anywhere..
    It's kinda rough but I've gotten cars that were in worse shape.
    "Bud" said that he had it running and started smooth but didn't get around to trying to get it to turn over last time I was there.
    Is there any special places to look for the ID tags or stampings? I didn't see a hull number or anything.
    From what I've been reading is that some had it and some didn't.. (that doesn't make sense to me)
    He got it from an auction of a place that was going out of business, and I ended up already knowing the place.
    I did read of the floors 'core' rotting but this one seemed ok, although the plywood looks like the worst of it. (no carpet or cushioning left)
    It's got crosshatching on the top side but below the trim it looks OK for now.
    I've read that it's a job of sanding.. BUT, I have a dustless blasting setup and at a low pressure (around 70psi) supposedly can blast paint/blisters off without damaging the gel coat. BUT did a hood scoop a while back and the gel coat wasn't a different color and kept going until I saw the fibers. OOOPS!
    Does anyone know if the paint is a different color/hugh?
    My colors are gum ball blue on top and white lower.

Also, can someone describe the layers of the hull? I mean, the ones that have totally stripped one down, is it about 1 1/4" of hull glass then core, then the plywood then carpet or WHAT?
    When I got in mine, it looked like it was a thick glass hull then plywood and that's it besides carpet.

It's got the dual carb'd engine (110hp?) but looks like the lower unit has seen better days. Pretty pitted.
    Anyone know if a different out drive will fit? Are the bolt patterns the same for years and years or was it per boat design?

Gotta jet off, Here's some pics:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/750/Iu2aQ5.jpg