Off Season Fun

Discussion in 'The Beach' started by 2MERCS, Nov 25, 2006.

1. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    I have asked this before but what does everyone do on the off season? I myself go out to the desert and ride, mainly sand buggies and quads in Glamis. Here is a pic.

Daniel

Attached Files:

2. Swvski1

Swvski1 Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    77 Dyne 18 I/O converted to Outboard
    Ski Team:
    Chain Skimmer Alumni
    I’m really a summer girl. I find winter rather depressing, but we do manage to have some fun even when it is freezing cold outside.

Figure skating (just bought my own skates – can’t wait for the lake to freeze, but the rink is fun too), bowling (love the bumpers), pinball (Black Knight 2000 – best pinball machine ever invented! My husband has the high score right now, that dirty rat. I had the high score for 3 years.) My husband enjoys playing pool, which I am trying to learn to appreciate. I prefer to flip the table to air hockey and kick his patooty. Dollhouse building – we’re on our third dollhouse. I might actually keep this one instead of giving it away. When we can get a babysitter we like to go country dancing – not line dancing, two-step mostly. I’m a soccer & basketball mom too.

I also entertain myself by watching stuff like this:

http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/skycutter40.wmv

http://www.3d-nut.com/videos/doghouse.wmv

At first I thought these were a joke, but they are for real.

3. timsprandel

timsprandel Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1978 Hydrodyne Tournament Skier, 1984 Hydrodyne 20
    Can the Bulldog Airshowman do stalls and moves like Snoopy, and if I get really good at barefooting, can he do a hot pickup and be The BullDogDyne!!! What a show. If I survive...

4. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Elgin (non-dyne, duh)
    Great videos! Love Snoopy! LOL!

I am a summer gal too....even though I live in CA. I can't stand the cold and it is cold right now! I also get depressed and just wait for summer to come back. I have projects I try to do while the winter is here, but modivation gets stuck as well when my hands are like ice and I have to run hot water over them to defrost.

I am getting ready to build a patio room, got the stem wall poured by a friend and now have to head to HomeDepot for the roof boards and start staining them.....hopefully this Saturday. Already thinking of working in the garage so I am out of the wind while doing so. Then on to finish up my kitchen cupboards......uppers are built, but base ones still need to be done. I really don't know if I will get it all done as don't modivate much during the winter......now I could do this all in the summer, but that is when I am at the lake enjoying the water!

Need to go bowling, haven't bowled in years.....need to take my boys as they have been requesting it. My parents use to bowl in tournaments, I am not a good bowler at all, but have fun when I do it. AIR HOCKEY......ye's is my kind of lady! I love air hockey!

Had this video link sent to me during Thanksgiving.......ah, I have a friend with 11 acres, ya think I could talk her into making me one of these tracks?????

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVULUyoeK10&mode=related&search=" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVULUyoe ... ed&search=</a>

5. timsprandel

Boat Model and Year:
    Denise,
    It is down to 14 degrees here in the western Suburbs of Chicago tonight. My hands are colder than yours! This is why they call it the OFF season. If you stick around, you may well be OFF your rocker.

6. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    Yeah I bet Tim! I was watching the news this morning about Chicago...sure glad I live in CA!

It was 34 degrees yesterday morning when I got up, but noon it was in the 70's! Man, was that a welcomed afternoon!

Stay warm, but if you get frozen to that rocker ya can't fall off right?

7. timsprandel

Boat Model and Year:
    Not if it has training wheels. The rocker might be stuck to the floor, iced in along with my shoes, too. Right now, it is almost 50 degrees tonight and it is raining on and off. Just wait until it cools off again. Chicagoland isn't at home with warm wet winter weather, it has to be cold and snowing. Exclamation

8. Denise

Denise

Boat Model and Year:
    Well the weather has been unbelievable over the last few weeks here. Except on the night my daughter calls and says she needs to bury her cat in our yard.......so there we are at dark, 34 degrees with heavy winds building a box and digging a hole!

And now of course with the need to get Xmas lights up and go chop us a Xmas tree it rained all weekend last and going to do it again this coming weekend! Jeez!

Oh, and don't forget your shoes......easier to lose thy shoes than leaving your feet by the rocking chair! LOL!

9. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Re: Off Season Fun....How to Adjust to Temp Extremes

Hi All:

It appears that the web page has slowed a bit due to weather/winter. One week ago, the temperature here in SE WI was hovering at 8 degrees F. I was participating in a coaches seminar at Alpine Valley Ski Resort (where Stevie Ray Von had his final/last show....) and the snow making equipment was going full blast. Felt like 20 below. The last five days have been in the mid-40's and today the high hit 50 degrees F. The Midwest climate is hard to adjust to, let alone work in. Would be nice to have a "white X-mas but it doesn't have to dip into the single digits.

Cheers and Happy holidays!

KTB

10. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    I have noticed that the page has slowed down. We are running around half speed at this time with about 150,000 average for the entire month. Far Cry in the heat of summer when we were at 366,000 hits.

It will come back after the holidays and the weather starts to turn warmer. Oh well I am off to the desert tomorrow for some off-road fun. I will post pictures when I get back.

Daniel