Resto questions

Discussion in 'Restoration Projects & Questions' started by Canadyne, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Canadyne

Canadyne New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    late 70's outboard
    Hi Fellow Hydrodyne Enthusiasts....
    I have recently purchased a mid 70's outboard that I am currently having restored. It has undergone a floor and stringer resto but I am now in the process of getting the entire boat done. Someone painted over the Gel several years ago so I am having it redone back to the original Gel....

A couple of questions....

What are the angles and pantone colors of the deck stripes? (Red/Blue)

What are the correct graphics for the rear side logos? Does anyone have any for sale?

Where can I find a new (old) rear-view mirror? Cipa does not show that same mirror anymore?

Many Thanks for any assistance you may be able to offer!

Canadyne

2. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Hey Canada:

I'm assuming that you are dealing with a mid-70's Tournament skier. Great boats to which I have had a 1973 and 1975 (still in the quiver).

For the foredeck, the bow striping is royal red and dark blue. There has been some variation as to what comes first but you can look through the site and decide. Attached is a pic from the late 60's brochure that I have and would assume that it speaks to the true original colors. I have a file with the actual measurements and will forward in another reply.

For the side badging, I had the Hydrodyne Boats TM logo recreated for my 1985 HD 20 restoration and they are available at :

The Vinyl Approach
    PO BOX 20031
    WORCESTER, MA 01602-0031
    The Vinyl Approachsales@vinylapproach.com
    888-887-4587 or 508-335-5554

I worked with Mark Lewis and he was very reasonable and would appreciate the business now that he has the exact decals. Se the attached link to a discussion and pictures within the web-site. You may have to scroll down to the point where you see my posts under kevinb.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1725&start=20

For a retro miror look on the 1973 I co-owned, I went to a Peterbuilt or Kenworth Semi-trailer Sales floor and brought a generic side miror (probably have them on eBay) and pruchased a couple brackets from a boat parts store to create a nice functional miror (see attached).

Best of luck and keep the questions coming. Its a little slow this time of year but someone will eventually respond.

Kevin Bugel
    Brookfield, WI

Attached Files: