Rogue Star?

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by Fuelburner64, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Fuelburner64

Fuelburner64 Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1976 Tournament Skier
    I have the decked out 76 Tournament Skier and as I am buffing it today I am at the perfect angle to notice that this boat was lettered originally. The letters have been buried under gelcoat. It says ROGUE then has a star after it. This boat must have been ordered one way, then re-gelcoated before delivery. Anybody have any ideas what this may be???

2. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    You Maybe seeing shadows with previous decals that were applied to the original gel coated hull IMO. The cost to re gel coat doesn't make $$ or cents. Photo (sun) degradation as in prior decals will leave a mark on gel coat if it is left in the weather. Show us some pics of what you are seeing.

3. Fuelburner64

Fuelburner64 Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1976 Tournament Skier
    I am not sure I could get a picture to capture it. You have to get in the light right to see it. I was buffing it in a garage and the lghting made it legible as I was lower than the hull. Outside in the sunlight I don't think you could see it. This boat was donated to the academy and who knows, maybe it had a life before that and it possibly had decals on it. I know for the 32 years we have had it there was nothing on it. It is a secret the boat is hiding and I hope I can figure it out.