Chain SKimmer's night show

Discussion in 'The Beach' started by dynegreg1, Mar 7, 2007.

1. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    Hey Pam, check this out. Go to http://www.youtube.com. Search under Chain Skimmers. There is a video clip of their night show on July 3rd from this last season. Very cool. They put on a nice show. Reminds you of the good ol days, right? Although there was never a crowd, no permits, and a little "less" clothing. Wink

Greg

2. Swvski1

Swvski1 Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    77 Dyne 18 I/O converted to Outboard
    Ski Team:
    Chain Skimmer Alumni
    I posted a reply on Showskiers, but hey, I can put one here too. I think you and Lars have some Doppelgangers on the team and they stole your old costumes. However, come to think of it, those must only be reproductions because those nasty things could not have survived 14 years in a stinky wet costume basket.

Fun To Watch The show looked pretty cool. That team has come a long way since our day, but we still had a ton of fun. My hat is off for the Chain Skimmers!

3. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    You are right, it has been 14 years. WOW. Back with the Phantom of The Ski Show in 1993. I liked that theme. It was funny. I will relay to my mother that her costume are still being used after so many years. She will be amazed also I think. She made so many costumes, it was just rediculous. And all with no help from any other mothers. I can't tell you how many hours she spent sewing those costumes in their basement. All the other teams would not believe it if they knew exactly how less of money was spent to costume the entire show. Teams easily spend 10 - 30 percent more than what she made all of those costumes for. She definately had so many "connections" with the right business for all ready made costumes, material, etc. I still think the teal colored pyramid costumes were one of the nicest looking. Thoe were my personal favorite out of the bunch.

Greg