Finally - The BanoDyne is back....

Discussion in 'Restoration Projects & Questions' started by markbano, Apr 2, 2007.

1. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Gone at the river for a couple of days and Bam! The action is back, the board has been busy. Mark it is a beautiful job the time looks like it was worth it.

Daniel

2. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    Mark,

Nice boat bud. In regards to the seat bases, that is what I had, but without the swivel feature. Mine slid. Both drive and passenger. I made a custom aluminum base, tapped some holes, and then bolted the entire unit to the floor with bolts and nylocks in stainless. Don't use lag screws. They will eventually strip out. I would use your new seat btw. As comfortable as my original one was too, simply put it had to go. I think mine were at a perfect height. I wouldn't have gone any higher. It seems the swivel feature adds a good 1.5- 2 inches in height. I wouldn't go for those. You need to go visit Bob, and get some ideas. You guys are only a few minutes away from one another.

Greg

3. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Per request I have moved this topic into the restoration section. I come to this topic often, it brings back good memories of my restoration.

Daniel

4. walk_on_water

walk_on_water Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    17.6ft dyna-ski 2006
    Ski Team:
    club de skinautique
    very nice looking boat.... keep posting pics when new stuff is added thanks.