How many skiers can you pull from the deep?

Discussion in 'Engine Questions' started by ghind, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ghind

ghind Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    2007 Matrix Sorrento Outboard/225HO E-TEC
    I really like this site. I know of nowhere else that specializes in outboard ski boats.

Here is my boat in action, thought you might like it. 08 Evinrude 225HO with 1.86 gearbox E225DHLSCM and a 21" Cyclone Prop.

We pulled 8 doubles skiers from the deep with 3 adults, a toddler and some fuel and gear in the boat. The boat did this with minimal prop slip i.e 2600, 2800, 3000, 3200, 3300rpm then all were up. Obviously could pull quite a few more with a shorter prop.

We nearly had nine, they were just about up when one skier got crossed up and pulled it back. With the right extras, we could do it for sure.

I'd love to see photos or read stories of other boats. How many skiers on doubles can you pull from the deep? What boat and setup?

Attached Files:

2. dynegreg1

dynegreg1 King Dyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1990 Hydrodyne 20 Open Bow
    Ski Team:
    Skimmer/Aquanut alum
    Is that a piece of smoked lexan mounted inside your rope guard? Very interesting. What is the function of that?

Greg

3. ghind

ghind Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    2007 Matrix Sorrento Outboard/225HO E-TEC
    Hi Greg

I call it perspex but you might know it as that.

It just deflects noise back at the motor and makes it even quieter. The difference is noticable. Also keeps bugs off the motor on the road....