Jim Leroy

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by 2MERCS, Nov 14, 2021.

1. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    November 11th 2021 marks a very sad day and the end of an era for Hydrodyners.com.

Jim Leroy has moved on into the driver seat in the sky pulling all the people who came before him. With his wife now by his side again is not doubt where he wants to be.

Jim was an integral part in the founding of Hydrodyners.com and was its biggest supporter even as the site waned with age. I had many conversations with Jim over the years and his kindness was always evident and his knowledge of the boat, the skiing and life in general was always a welcome conversation.

Good luck Jim, you will be missed by many and forgotten by none.

Daniel Jones

2. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    A little belated but this is sad news. Jim was a wealth of knowledge and an ambassador for the Hydrodyne Brand. He will be missed.

3. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Also very sorry to see that Dyne bob passed this fall. Both Jim and Bob were a wealth of knowledge regarding these boats.

4. Dyna-Kid

Dyna-Kid Boat of the Month

Boat Model and Year:
    74 18 Hydrodyne 150 / 06 17.6 Dyna-Ski 150 Merc FS
    Ski Team:
    Club de Skinautique
    Very, very sad news indeed.

Jim was a good friend and helped me numerous times when I was working on my '74 Dyne.

I had a friend call me asking me for help when he purchased an old 70's 18' Dyne. The best advice I could give him was to call Jim LeRoy.

Bob was another good friend lost. I bought old Dyne parts from Bob and I always enjoyed our telephone conversations.

Both will be greatly missed.

God's speed gentlemen.

Kevin Deslauriers

5. Swvski1

Swvski1 Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    77 Dyne 18 I/O converted to Outboard
    Ski Team:
    Chain Skimmer Alumni
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Dad enjoyed boating, working on boats, waterskiing, and helping others learn to do those things. He enjoyed the Hydrodyners web site over the years, and the friendships that he formed there. I miss him and my mom dearly, but Scott and I are carrying on the Hydrodyne tradition.

Mom and dad used to participate in local Antique boat shows with a boat he called "The Launch." They would even dress in period costumes. Yesterday at the local library, I was amazed to see a painting of my parents on the wall. Dad would be so pleased to be remembered that way.

painting.jpg 1636754125017.jpg pamandscott.jpg

6. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Hey Pam:

I spoke with your dad a few times about the 1975 HD 18 I/O that I owned, and also the HD 20 I/O that I currently own ad he was always forthcoming with a ton of knowledge about the brand, really a down-to-earth guy to talk to. I am happy to see that you and family are carrying the torch forward for the boat that hr converted to an outboard and the boat that you trained behind, pretty cool. The Hydrodyne brand holds up well if dry stored as your dad did.

Best regards,

Kevin Bugel-