Just purchased 18'

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by GaDyne, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GaDyne

GaDyne Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1979 I/O and 1985 I/O
    I just purchased the 79 I/O that was on ebay in south FL. I have owned and restored a 72 outboard back in the mid 80's but it was sold. There are 8 Hydrodynes here in Donalsonville Ga that I know of. Four of them are within eye sight of my dock on Lake Seminole. There is a connection between Hydrodyne and Donalsonville but I don't know the whole story? I do know that Herb Crosby sold boats here but that is about it. I will post pics of all the boats when I can get them together.

2. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Very Cool,

When you get some pictures upload them so we can take a look. Another cool idea would be for you to get some of the other Hydrodyne's in your area together for a group shot. Now that spring is upon us I will be looking for more pictures to use at the top of the front page.

Daniel

3. crosbygrandson

crosbygrandson

You are correct. Not only did Herb sell boats in Donaldsonville, I beleive Crosby Aeromarine had also had a small plant in Donaldsonville.

4. GaDyne

GaDyne Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1979 I/O and 1985 I/O
    I believe you are right, They built a boat that was popular around here back then called the Crosby sled. The boat was about fourteen or fifteen foot long and the hull looked like a little hydrodyne from the deck down.